Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Missed It

It seems that Christmas is here.  I had no idea that Thanksgiving had already come and gone.  I missed the turkey, the dressing, the desserts and the whole bit!  I didn't even get to complain that I shouldn't have eaten that second piece of chocolate pie!

Oh wait.  It' just November 8th?  Oh well by the HUGE Christmas tree greeting me at Wal-mart along with Christmas carols playing in the background coupled with everyone running around like idiots, I could have sworn it was Christmas Eve.

I know you are going to tell me (like my brother did) that Hobby Lobby has had their Christmas stuff up but they don't count.  They put their Santa hats on while I'm still trying to figure out why bathing suit are made so your hind end hangs out.

I've even read where a few people are pulling out their Christmas decorations this week.  Come on!  You have to get through one holiday before you start on another one.

Maybe I'm just getting all worked up because I have been doing a little Christmas shopping already and I feel all out of sorts.  I usually don't Christmas shop until, uh December 20th and shopping this early is throwing me off.

I like my holidays and I like celebrating each one individually.  So I may take Brent's advice and chill on the Christmas shopping.  Our reasons are different (he is not enjoying watching money fly out quite so early!) but maybe then I won't be burnt out on Christmas spirit December 1.

No comments: