Monday, November 28, 2011

Packed

Like every Monday after Thanksgiving, my work pants are a little tighter and my eyelids half open but that only means we had a wonderful holiday!

On Thanksgiving, my parent's hosted dinner for my mom's side of the family.


Cecilia had been/still was sick all week so she wasn't much for the festivies.  She was super clingy and not in the mood for visitors but I did get her to enjoy our little time outside around the firepit where roasted marshmallows for smores!  Best Thanksgiving dessert EVER!


And to keep her happy, Pap gave into Cecilia's Mickey Mouse addiction...


I had already declared no more Mickey earlier in the evening but when they both came up MIA, I busted them upstairs glued to the computer.  Grandparents never listen!  :)

Friday morning, Brent had to head off to work (at a normal hour for the first time in 6 years!!!) and I stayed home to decorate the tree.  I'm not a Black Friday shopper, so staying at home sounded lovely to me!  I did, however, hop online at Toys R Us Thursday night to enjoy some of their sales.  No crazies, no lines it was perfect and everything should be delievered end of this week first of next! 

Cecilia thought she would help with the decorating this year.

But I quickly had to distract her with Beauty and the Beast because she was mistaking the ornaments for her play balls and keep trying to throw them!

Saturday, we had lunch at my Granny's and I have not one picture because lunch was during nap time and we all can imagine how well that went!  Needless to say we didn't get to stay long but at least we got the visit for a little while.

And to finish off our weekend, Sunday Mom and I took Cecilia to see the Muppet movie.

We had a little time before the movie started so we stopped by Barnes and Noble.



To say Cecilia was in heaven is an understatement!  She picked up books every corner we turned!  We managed to find one that held her attention pretty good, Beauty and the Beast no less.


We made it to the movie and Cecilia did fantastic!  Between the Muppets and the popcorn she had a blast!  There were times she would sit totally still with her eyes glued to the screen.  We left about 20 minutes before it was over which I thought was pretty darn good for a 20 month old!


Can you tell she was super excited?

Back to the Monday grind!

No comments: