Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ma vs Mama

For some time now, Cecilia has called me Ma.  She's heard her daddy call me that from day one.  The funny part is, sometimes I'm Ma and others I'm Mama.

Usually Ma comes out in our everyday interaction, especially when she is trying to get my attention.  You can hear Ma being shouted from across the house or across the aisles at Wal-Mart.  She whispers it when we are laying down to go to bed when she can't see me in the dark.  Ma is her everyday.

I am Mama during sweet, affectionate times.  When the tears come, Mama is the one who makes everything better.  It's who she asks for during the day when I'm not home.  Mama is her love.

Whether it's Ma or Mama she knows what each means and that no matter what name she calls out, I will love her deeply until my last breath.

No comments: