Monday, July 23, 2012

Out of Whack

Last week Brent had to work most every night until 9pm which is not normal for us which means that I have no idea how I survived the week.  For that matter, I don't know how Cecilia survived.  By night 3, she was done just having me around and letting me know it. Whew!  We just function a lot better when Brent is around.

It wasn't all bad.  We went on nightly walks, built a 100 castles, laid in bed and watched tv until she fell asleep and watched the storms come in the other night...


 
On Friday I thought her and I needed an adventure after school.  Something fun that would take the sting out of Brent having to work late again.  I decided to take her to the library since she loves looking at books.  It was a fabulous choice!  She had no idea how to process that many books at once and ran around pulling book after book.

And to put the icing on the cake, we found a Babar movie that we have watched no less than 100 times this weekend.  Saturday morning the first words out of her mouth, 'me watch Babar?'  I'm not sure how she is going to handle having to take it back in 2 weeks.  Already when we turn it off, she screams 'come back Babar, come back!'

We are all so glad our lives turned back normal on Saturday.  Brent set up C's pool when he got off work so we had a late night swim.  We could tell that her water days at school has made her so much more comfortable with the water.  She was sticking her face under a little, jumping around more and even "swimming."  We may have to check into swimming lessons next year.

Sunday, we went to church then ran to town after naps.  Brent and C went to Toys R Us while I ran a quick errand.  We normally walk out empty handed because although Cecilia sees lots of toys she likes, she never fully commits to one.   Today she did.



She has played and played with this little microwave.  She LOVES to help me cook so this was right up her alley.

On our way home, we stopped at Sonic.  We are kind of addicted right now with their Happy Hours and 1/2 price milkshakes after 8pm, it screams PARK HERE when we pass.  Brent and I love their new Island Breeze drinks and Cecilia loves the ice cream.


watching Babar yet again while enjoying her ice cream

We laid around the rest of the afternoon and enjoyed our last few hours of the weekend.

Again we are so happy Brent is back with us because things like this don't happen with Mama...

1 comment:

Emily said...

Aww, she is such a big girl eating her ice cream cone like that! I can't believe how much she has grown up!