Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Membership

We are officially new members of the Terrible Twos club!  Brent and I are so excited and overwhelmed with joy and Cecilia seems to be right at home.

AHHHHHH!  If she lives to see her 3rd birthday, it will be by the grace of God!

Cecilia has entered into this phase in full force and shows no mercy.  She is full of sass, attitude, meanness and stubbornness like no other.  I have no idea how a pint size human can have all that in them.  And this heat and lack of sleep this weekend hasn't helped matters.

I feel like we spent so much of our weekend getting on to her about her attitude or trying to calm her down from whatever dramatic episode that she was having.  Her daddy only had to say her name and she was in the floor face down crying.  Seriously?

Just last night she was sent to timeout 3 times in 45 minutes (2 minute increments) for not listening and talking back.  I don't know which switch got flipped but I need it to switch back. 

I try not to lose my cool and try to stay calm as possible but when she looks me dead in the eyes and tells me no, it is all I can do not to come unhinged.

I hate that I look back on our weekend and realize that it just wasn't that great.  I mean we had some good times painting our toenails, swimming, playing, shopping and watching the Olympic trials but as a whole, we have had better weekends.

We have a few fun things planned tonight and tomorrow so I'm hoping we will all get out of our funk and have some fun.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Okay this took me a good moment to realize you were talking about C's age and not that you were about to have 2 kids... I'm a little blonde, I mean slow.:)

Hope you guys have a happy 4th!