Monday, October 22, 2012

Chaos, Carving and Celebrations

We had several things going on this weekend.  It was Brent and Cecilia's last few days of vacation and we tried to squeeze in as much fun as we could with C and I both fighting colds.
 
Friday, I took half a day of vacation in hopes of doing something fun as a family but sadly it was cold and overcast.  Since C and I both were coughing and snotty, we decided to have lunch, do a little shopping then spent the rest of the evening snuggled up watching movies.
 
Saturday, I decided it was time to clean the carpets.  We rented a carpet cleaner from Lowe's and Brent got busy cleaning all the bedrooms.  I was extremely pleased with the results but very unhappy that my house was a disaster for 24 hours!  Apparently I didn't consider drying time so my house looked like this...
 

Nice photo bomb Brentie.

 
 
Both bathrooms were also crammed full making it very difficult to actually use the bathrooms.  My brain immediately shut down the rest of the day because I couldn't handle my house looking like this.  Thankfully my parent's called and offered to take us to dinner otherwise I'm not sure we would have eaten.
 
Sunday, Brent put our house back in order before church because he was tired of crawling over the hamper, my jewelry case and a trunk to get to the shower.
 
After church, we had a busy afternoon full of pumpkin decorating and birthday parties.
 

 
 

 
It took Brent FOREVER to carve his pumpkin but we both thought it turned our pretty good.
 
 
C had a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese for one of her little friends at school.

 
She has been pumped about the party ever since we got the invite.  Every time she saw it on the fridge, she would say "Ella birthday."
 
 
She had a big time as did all the other kids.
 
 
C and the birthday girl having some fun.
 
 
 
 
By the end of the party I felt like I had run a marathon.  I was beat and my nerves were shot.  I'm not a big fan of Chuck E Cheese because I can't handle parent's not keeping up with their kids or letting them run around like wild apes.
 
We both were out like lights when we got home.
 
Today, we are all back to reality and Cecilia wasn't happy about it but that's life.

No comments: