Thursday, October 11, 2012

Out of Whack

This week I've been a little off.  My emotions are running wild and the most of the time I just want to curl up in a ball and have a good cry session.
 
Monday most of the blog world was shaken when we learned a fellow blogger had lost her husband in a car accident over the weekend.  He was 32.
 
I was more emotional over the situation than I had expected to be.  They have no idea who I am but I have been following Julee's blog for several years and she seems like the sweetest thing ever.  I've read about her every life and struggles with infertility.  I was so excited for her when she finally got pregnant and gushed over her baby girl as if we were friends.  And my heart broke for her when I heard the news on Monday.
 
Blogging is a very unique world.  We read blogs of people who are our friends or people we know or people who are on the other side of the country that have no clue who we are.  We leave comments for one another and we grow to care about the person on the other side of the blog.
 
  I've thought about Julee and what she must be going through all week.  I can't even imagine getting that phone call telling me that everything I had hoped and dreamed for was gone.  That my best friend would no longer be by my side.
 
This has made me do a lot of thinking about my own life and priorities.  With things only getting worse at work, I'm wondering if it is all worth it.  We only get short time here and no one knows when that time will be up.  Decisions are probably going to have to be made in the near future and I pray that I make the right ones.

3 comments:

Raising Four 4 Him said...

Me too. This situation with the Turner's has messed me up too. So sad....
Will pray for you about your work decision. I know, I've been there, and at the time was carrying our family insurance. I worked when my oldest was little, and when he was two, 9-11 happened. That made me question so much as well. What was I doing with my life, and my childs life. I was paying someone else to do the job I was given by God to do - to raise my child. Step out in faith, I can tell you that God wants you home with your daughter. You will never regret it! Stacey

Raising Four 4 Him said...

He wasn't two, he was 3 1/2!!! It's been a long week!
Anyways, I worked about a month after that revelation, and I came home, and have been home full-time since then.

Alicia said...

I feel you! I have prayed so hard for peace and comfort to surround Julee. I just couldn't imagine. It made me hug a little tighter and sleep a little closer to my hubby this week! I will also keep you in my prayers, that God will guide your decisions. Just let me know if you decide you want to take up babysitting! :)