Monday, February 18, 2013

Celebrations

Time to play catch up on the past few days.
 
Valentine's Day was everything I had expected...a fabulous day spent with my 2 loves.  C was excited all day and kept saying "Happy Valentine's Day!"
 
 
We did the whole fondue thing for dinner and it was a big hit!  We ended the night eating lots of chocolate and laying on the couch too full to move.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
This weekend we kicked off my birthday week!  Saturday, Brent and I had plans to spend the day in Nashville while C went to my parent's.  She was beyond excited to get away from us.
 
 
Brent wanted to make sure I fit in down in Nashville so he surprised me with these beauties...

 
I've been wanting some cowboy boots for awhile and B remembered!  I'm in LOVE with them and they are actually pretty comfortable.  He did good!
 
Our first stop of the day was Antique Archaeology.  We are huge American Pickers fans so we thought it would be fun to go to their store down in Nashville and pick up a few things.

 
Oh how disappointed we were when we walked in.  The place was super small, there was a moving line around the store (similar to a museum) and there weren't many small items to buy.  It was more of a tourist location than a shop.  We were there maybe 10 minutes.  Complete bust.
 
We spent the rest of the afternoon at an outlet mall before heading to dinner.
 
This is where dinner plan A and B failed because clearly it has been too long since he and I have been downtown Nashville on a Saturday at 5pm.  But we didn't let that stop us from having a good time.

 
We laughed that we shouldn't expect anything different because anytime we try to plan something out, it never goes right.  Oh well, at least we had fun despite all the fails.
 
Yesterday, my mom and I went to the movies to see Safe Haven.  We have both read the book and like always the movie wasn't like the book.  The movie was good but I think I'm going to have to start watching the movie first because the book is always better and I get ticked when they change so much.
 
After the movie, we met Brent, C and my dad for dinner and a little frozen yogurt.  I mean no celebration is complete without it!

 
As you can see, someone is a little tired and cranky.
 
All in all, it was a great weekend and a great way to start my birthday week.  I told Brent I expected surprises everyday!  ;)

No comments: