Thursday, February 21, 2013

It Was the BIG One

Yesterday was a big birthday for me.  I turned 30.  No, I didn't spend the day in bed crying because I'm no longer in my twenties.  Age doesn't bother and I would say that's because it has never bothered my parents.  We just get better with age, right Dad?  :)
 
I started my day with a voicemail from my mom singing her remix of the Happy Birthday song.  She does this every year to all of us and it is always fun to see what she has come up with.  You NEVER know what she is going to do or say.
 
At work, my dad stopped by to wish me a Happy Birthday and to drop off my gift from my parents.  My friend Jennifer got me some of my favorite cookies from a local bakery.
 
 
They are ridiculous and I ate a handful before 8:30am! I accidentally got C hooked on them and it was the first thing she asked for this morning.
 
The 3 of us went out for dinner and I spent the entire dinner shoving food in my face.  We came home and I was surprised with a gift from my brother and sister-in-law, a gift card to Mellow Mushroom.
 
And Brent was sweet enough to hit up GiGi's Cupcakes earlier in the day.

 
I went with a non chocolate one.  Later I wished I had but I made a good decision because a friend of mine met me on the way to work this morning to give me this...

 
We used to work together so I've had the cake a time or two and it is out of this world!
 
Even though I have probably gained 30 pounds, I had a fabulous day!  C even sang Happy Birthday to me on our way home yesterday.  It was the sweetest thing ever!

No comments: