Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

What a weekend!  For people who didn't really have any plans, we sure did stay busy!
 
For the first time in 6 years, Brent was able to enjoy the long weekend with us and the fact that it was his birthday weekend made it even better!
 
After a very lazy, relaxing morning, I took C shopping for fall clothes Saturday afternoon so B could enjoy the Notre Dame game in peace.  We had so much fun and I got my first glimpse into our future shopping trips.  At 3, she already has an opinion about what she wants to wear and I'm fine with that.  I was VERY opinionated about what I wore growing up. 
 
At our first stop, I had already mapped out several outfits I thought would be adorable.  C had other thoughts.  I would hold up the outfit and ask if she liked it and 85% of the time I got an 'uh no.'  Our next 3 stops went much of the same. 
 
During one stop, she started holding clothes up and asking, 'do you like this Mama?'  If I said yes, it went on her arm.  She was so funny picking things up and saying 'oh I think this.'  'This is cute.'  'Feel this Mama.'  And even though she wasn't liking much, we managed to get a few outfits to start the fall.
 
After shopping and the football game, we met my parents for Brent's birthday dinner at Longhorn. 
 
 
Sunday, we had a picnic outside.
 
She dressed herself.  A dress with neon flowered shorts and blue reindeer socks.  She is stylin'!
 
Went to the Hot Rods game.
 
 
Got a free IGA man and named it Kegan.
 
 
Took Brent to Mellow Mushroom for another birthday dinner just the 3 of us.
 
Took a stroll downtown.


 

 
C wanted to take a picture of B and I.
 
 
She said it was a good one!  :)
 

 
Picked a few flowers.


 
 
We ended the long weekend just like one should-sleeping in, going to the park, playing outside and snuggling watch a movie.

 

No comments: