Sunday, September 22, 2013

Need Sleep

I have never been so glad that a week was over.  Both my work life and personal life was crazy last week and I'm feeling the effects of being non-stop for the past 6 days.  The bags under my eyes are down to my knees.
 
Thursday night, my mom's side of the family went out to eat for my Nanny's birthday.  We took her to The Depot in Springfield TN and it was out of this world!  It sat close to a railroad (hence the name) and while we were there, we watched 3 trains pass by.  C was thrilled!  It was new to all of us and all 9 of us  agreed the food was fantastic!
 
I went with a classic chicken fried steak and garlic mashed potatoes.
 
 
Yummm.
 
We also had dessert which was ridiculous but we inhaled it too fast for me to take a picture.  It was a triple chocolate dessert and nothing chocolate stands a chance between my mom and I.

Singing Happy Birthday to Nan.
 
And the main reason my personal life was bananas last week was because of this...

 
My hometown, Franklin, KY, has The Festival on the Square every year and I set up as a vendor.  The day started off rainy but that didn't damper our (as always Brent was with me helping and being the ultimate TROOPER!!) excitement or stop us.  My prayers were answered, it stopped raining and it turned out to be a fabulous day!
 
I exceeded my goal for sales that day which thrilled me to death and the icing on the cake was getting to indulge in one of my favorite meals...bbq nachos!

 
Between this and the fried steak, I gained 10 pounds but it was all worth it!
 
And today was no rest for the weary.  We had church and C and I had a bridal shower this afternoon.  Then it was back home to do laundry and to make my house look halfway livable.
 
Here's to starting a work week already tired and wishing it was the weekend.
 

No comments: