Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Sweet Things She Says

Our weekend was about as boring as one can get.  We've piddlin' around the house all weekend and it has been wonderful.  Saturday afternoon went to a birthday party but I got no pictures.  C had a good time but who doesn't love hanging with friends and eating cake.
 
The real highlight of the weekend was when C and I got all loaded up to head to Franklin for the birthday party and my car wouldn't start.  This normally wouldn't be a big deal because I would just jump in Brent's and let him figure it out while I was gone.  But naturally this would be the Saturday in 5 months he has to work and can't leave.  What's a girl to do?  She calls her dad.  Then she calls her mom because her dad doesn't answer.  Then she waits for one of them to call her back. My dad finally calls back and sends my mom to the rescue. 
 
Now, this story isn't really blog worthy but I want to forever remember what my 3 year old child told me while we were waiting for my mom.
 
In a matter of fact voice, C said 'Mama, when I get a car, its gonna work.'  Uhh, I had that goal too.
 
And to make it worse, later that night when we were playing in her room, she said, 'here Mama, get in my car.  It works.'
 
Seriously?


1 comment:

Momoi said...

I've certainly enjoyed laughing over Cecilia's comments. They've been a bright spot in my weekend!