Sunday, September 20, 2009

3rd Annual U of I Alum Party

Brent losing at a round of Catch Phrase and having to show off his Hula Hoop skills or lack there of!
Our newest game we added to the party this year...Badminton. You would think with a group of ex-baseball players this wouldn't be a tough thing for them, but I have never laughed so much at them playing this game. Thanks East!

For the past couple of years we have had a party for all of Brent's close baseball friends from college. The past 2 years we have hosted this event and we love having a house full of our friends. We do nothing but relax, play cornhole, and when night falls sit around a fire and tell random stories or play word games. We always have so much fun and hate when Sunday arrives and everyone goes home.

This weekend was our party, but we were fortunate enough to have one of the other couples host this year. They just bought a house and decided that they wanted to have the party at their house. When we made these plans months ago we had no idea this would be a blessing in disguise. As much as I love playing host and having everyone in my house, I just don't know if I would have had the energy. Luckily, I didn't feel bad this weekend and actually saw past 8:30 two nights in a row!!! Brent and I were very impressed that I didn't sleep the weekend away like I usually do. But there was just so much going on and so much catching up on I didn't want to miss a minute. Plus with this group of guys you NEVER know what random thing is going to happen and you don't want to miss it! By Saturday night our cheeks hurt from laughing so much. I hate that we are spread out between 4 states but we always look forward to these weekends. I am already counting down til next year!

No comments: