Sunday, September 6, 2009

You May Be Wondering...

How far along am I...11 weeks.





When are we due...March 24





You had no idea we were trying...That was kind of the point. No one did. I take that back, 5 people knew (2 strangers, 2 in laws, and my best friend). The only reason 4 of them knew is because Brent is horrible at lying and gets flustered when asked to. So instead of going with the story I had laid out for him, he just blurts out that we are trying when hanging out with his brother, our sister-in-law and his brother's boss and his wife. And of course this is something that best friends just sometimes discuss. Anyway, I am weird because I feel like when you let people know you are trying, you are just advertising what you are doing in your spare time and us good Southern Belles just don't advertise what goes on at home when no one is around! :)





How do I feel...Nauseous! And each week it seems to be a new level of it. The past 2 weeks dry heaving has settled in. My FAV! I will not complain too much to you, that is what Brent is for! I know this is a blessing and I should be grateful or at least that is what I tell myself when I run to be one with the porcelain!





How has Brent handled it all...TROOPER!!! Bless his heart! Even though we have been together for 8 years, he has never had the pleasure of being around me when I was sick. I am NOT a good sick person. I am grumpy and want to be left alone so I can sleep it off. Well there is no sleeping this off no matter how many naps I take during the day. So he has had to suffer through with my mood swings, or as we like to say my one mood swing (BAD) and my lack of motivation to do anything as soon as I get home. I feel sorry for him and I try my best to be nice, but if he would learn just to insert his head in my mouth it would make it a lot easier to bite off and things would run a lot smoother! :)





Are we hoping for a boy or girl...Of course we are going to say it doesn't matter and it really doesn't. I'm betting I have a boy my first go around only because Brent is 1 of 3 boys, his dad is 1 of 2, and his grandfather is 1 of 2. I know my side doesn't count, but my dad is 1 of 3, all my uncles had boys first, and my grandmother had 9 brothers. The odds are against us to have a girl. The only saving grace that I have that I will ever produce a girl is all 4 Miller great grandchildren have been girls. We shall see. Despite me hating to breathe the same air as my older brother growing up, I enjoyed having the extra protector when needed. So a boy first would be nice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch. That comment about hating to breathe the same air as me really hurts...

kaciemiller said...

Ha! As if it wasn't your life's goal to torment me as a kid! At least I like you now!