Monday, September 28, 2009

Curiosity Killed the Cat

So for a week now I have been looking into different wives tales to see what the sex of our baby is. Brent says I am obsessed with wanting to know, but the thing is I wasn't until people started saying 'oh your having a boy because you are eating this' or 'you are having a girl because of this.' Now I do nothing but think about what we are going to have. URGH!!! Plus, it is really annoying because Brent is usually the impatient one, but for some reason he is not the least bit curious. Fine time for him to learn patience! Again, URGH!



Anyway, me and a few girls at work did some wives tales to guess the sex. The verdict? It's a boy!...or a girl! Wow that was enlightening! Did I really expect them to be able to tell me? No, but I thought that if all them came out with the same result then maybe. I guess I will just be forced to wait 6 MORE weeks. Brent thinks it is a blessing because for some strange reason he thinks I would go hog wild shopping (me really?) and he is just not sure he can handle 6 months of me running wild in children's stores. Prime example of why I married him...he keeps me in check.



Any of you mothers out there try any wives tales that turned out correct?



*Note to those not familiar with blogging: Anytime you want to leave Brent or I a message, if you will just click on the work COMMENT below each post it will show you how to leave a message.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm ready to know myself so I can hit the children's section. Actually I've already been hitting them but having to use major restraint since I don't have any idea what colors to buy!

Pam Womack said...

Just wanted to tell you that we are thrilled that you are pregnant! We bombard Melinda everyday for news. I think we feel that this baby kinda belongs to us too! Is it possible for a baby to have 3 adopted grand-aunts? I say "grand" because since melinda is the grandmother we have to be grand too, right? Hope everything continues to go well. We love you,

Unknown said...

are you going to post your peanut pictures?

kaciemiller said...

Pam, absolutely! We love knowing that this baby's family is extended well beyond blood.

Matt, yes "peanut" will be posted as soon as possbile.

Unknown said...

by the way Kacie. I saw you liked Skillet. If you haven't seen them live you need to. They put on an amazing show.