Monday, September 14, 2009

The Bump

Can you see it?

I am 12 weeks and some change today. I have been feeling like poo the last couple of days and started actually getting sick in the last week. Which is a bad and a good thing. Bad because I do NOT do sick. I don't care if it is a friend, husband, dog, or myself I do NOT do sick. So much so that Brent and I have an agreement that I will handle ALL poop and he will handle ALL vomit. You mothers out there are saying it will be different when it is your own child. Ha! I think not because when I am hovering over my eyes have to be shut and ears have to be plugged. Just talking about it gives me chills. So the good part of it has been for me to see Brent's "assisting" skills in action. He is getting better, but only because after our first episode, we had to go over guidelines of what was proper and improper "assisting" manners. For instances, we don't make the one getting sick yell for the assistant 3 times. When finally getting to the bathroom, we are supposed to automatically know that the person needs a COLD washrag. It is not helpful to give a play by play of sights, sounds, etc. And last, it is very rude to make that person relive that moment by talking about it later. Like I said he is getting better and I'm just used to having a loving mother or friend hold by hair back and know exactly what I need, that I forget this was not covered in the vows.

Other than the trauma of getting sick I'm doing ok. Actually today I woke up feeling like poo, but the chocolate icing on my chocolate cake...yumm that sounds good. Wonder how I can convince Brent to get me cake?...Anyway my day turned around this morning when my best friend (Jaclyn, who I work with) called me into her office to tell me a good story. Excited that I was going to hear some random funny story I bounce in her office. What do you ask was this good story that turned my day around? She is PREGNANT!!!!! 9 weeks pregnant to be exact. Which means she is 3 weeks behind me! How awesome is that?! We have been through a lot with each other since meeting in 4th grade in Mrs. C. Berry's class and now we are going to get to be pregnant together and have babies together! I can't think of anything better than going through this with my best friend. Finally, someone who feels my pain about being tired, hungry constantly, and sick. I will be a mom and aunt all within a month of each other! I couldn't be happier! Well maybe I could, where is that cake?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! Jaclyn too!! That is crazy!! How perfect that ya'll will have babies growing up together!! :)

Unknown said...

This is so funny to read and hear about you girls. I told Jaclyn that now I know why neither of you would taste my beer lime punch at bunco...LOL!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

oh...by the way...I DO NOT see a bump! :-)