Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First Date

A couple weeks ago my dad called me and told me he won 2 tickets to any game for the Hot Rods opening week and wanted to know if Brent and I wanted them. He thought by then we would need a night out on the town and he said he might have a hidden agenda (time with Cecilia!). I readily accepted knowing I would be ready to get out of the house and spend some time alone with Brent. Plus we love going to sporting events especially baseball games.

Has our luck would have it, opening day the Hot Rods were playing the Cincinnati Reds' (Brent's favorite team) farm team. The weather was beautiful Sunday, we were 3 rows behind their dugout, and had a good time. We had a few annoying college kids sitting behind us that just about got a chewin' from me but once they left we were able to enjoy the game. (Brent and I both prayed we were NOT that immature during our college years!)

After the game, we headed out to eat at Cheddar's. We were dying to check out the new restaurant in town that everyone seems to be talking about. Since it was later at night, we were able to walk right in and get a table. I have heard the wait can get to 2 hours! I'm sorry, no food is worth that wait! The food was good and their portions are huge! I came home with half my meal!

A night out on the town was just what we needed! I only called once to check in and that was only because it was around her usual meltdown. I knew she was in capable hands so there was no need to worry! Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us have our first date after a baby!

No comments: