Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Who's Watching?

So last night I decided to check out a new show on NBC called Parenthood. Have you seen this yet? I wasn't sure if I would like it but I liked several of the actors on it so I thought it couldn't be that bad. And I was right! I laughed through the whole thing! There were two scenes that made me really laugh out loud.

The first one was 3 mothers were sitting around complaining about their daughters and questioning their skills as a mother. At the end of the scene one of them said 'you know what is wrong with mothers, right?' In unison they said 'daughters.'!!! HA! Somehow daughters have managed to make the most confident mother question her ability just by one comment! I know I gave (and still give for that matter) my mom a run for her money. I am a secure enough woman to admit that I was not the easiest child in the world and I can only imagine if Cecilia gets only a small portion of me, payback will coming and it will NOT be pretty! Ahh the wonderful hormones of girls!

The second scene had me almost in the floor. A couple had dropped off their son at his aunt's house so they could enjoy an evening out. About halfway through dinner the aunt calls saying the little boy was dying to go home because he had an emergency. The parents get to the house and ask the little boy what the emergency was. He quietly whispers he has to go poo and he has to do it at his house! Apparently the kid had already developed issues with using the bathroom somewhere else besides his home. You just really have to know me to know why I find this so hilarious.

If you haven't seen the show, you should tune in. They have definitely got a new viewer here!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Travis and I love that show! We haven't gotten to watch in a couple weeks, but we think it's hilarious. I also like how it brings up important issues in todays world, like the dark hair little boy has aspergers and it's just good to see the parents deal with it in a totally positive way.