Monday, April 19, 2010

Fun Monday!

It is not too often that those words come out of my mouth but today was a really great day!


First off, I stayed up late last night to finish a book I have been dying to read ever since I heard it was coming out. I had pre-ordered it so I would get it as soon as it was released. I got it in the mail on Friday and had to dive in. It is actually my book club's book for next month but I couldn't wait that long to read it. It is called "I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith and let me tell ya, don't read it without a box of tissue beside you.





I have never clung to Cecilia as hard as I did while reading this book. It is a true story about Angie's journey through one of the toughest things I think anyone can go through; losing a child. The thing is, she and her husband knew that their daughter won't survive much after birth. During an ultrasound, they found out the baby had several complications that made her "incompatible to live." Even after being advised to terminate the pregnancy, her and her husband decided they would finish out the pregnancy and meet their daughter. This is an amazing story of one family's strength and faith in God. If you have a chance, click on her blog on the right side of mine. Some where it has a link to get a short version of their story. It's called Bring the Rain.

Now on to the fun stuff. Last night Jaclyn called to see if she could come up and take us to lunch and hang out. I of course jumped at the invite because quite frankly I'm getting tired of staring at these walls and I wanted to spend some time with her before she gets all tied up.

When she got here, we headed out to Buckhead Cafe to grab lunch. This was Cecilia's first real outing where she would see more than the back of my car. We were super excited and had a great time with Aunt Jac. Cecilia was so excited that just the thought of going out in public completely worn her out and she slept through lunch!

She didn't so much as make a sound the whole time we were out! I'm hoping it is always like this!

When we got back from lunch, we decided to take a stroll around the block. It was a gorgeous day to be out and Jac needed to do some walkin' to try and get that baby out! Today was her due date so we where trying to jump start labor. Apparently it didn't work because I haven't gotten a call saying they are headed to the hospital. Oh well! Sydney just is not ready to meet us yet.

Thanks Aunt Jac for entertaining us today! We will return the favor soon!

Tonight, we have had a bath and a bottle and Cecilia is currently passed out from all of today's activities. I think I may have to pass out soon as well. 2:30 am comes pretty quickly these days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you read it already! Haha.

Jaclyn said...

I had fun with my two precious girls! So glad we got to be together! :)

Alicia said...

Happy One Month Birthday Cecilia!!