Monday, April 26, 2010

So Long Insecurity and a First

This weekend I attended a Beth Moore simulcast talking about her new book and women's struggle with insecurity. It was a really good conference and the book is a must read. I loved reading it and following along with her study on her blog. I'm not normally a self-help book kind of girl and I don't know that I would put this book in that category but it was very enlightening and made me get a grip on myself. If you haven't read this, pick it up and read it. It might just change how you look at yourself!

While I was gone most of the day Saturday, Brent was home with Cecilia along with his parents and grandmother. They came down to lend Brent an extra set of hands and his grandmother got to meet Cecilia for the first time. It was great spending time with them and we know Cecilia loved all the attention.

Last night we experienced a first for us. Cecilia was in desperate need of a bath and it is normally a scream fest through the whole thing but last night I decided we should try out her spa tub instead of just laying her on the foam pad. And for once she didn't cry. Actually she looked like she enjoyed it! :) She even managed to keep her pacifier in her mouth the whole time too!
Here she is enjoying the scrub down. Yes I'm covering the suz! I'm only thinking of her 18 years down the road on Senior day when this picture resurfaces!

For some reason I filled the tub BEFORE I got it out of the bathtub and it was too heavy for me to lift out so Brent told me just to climb in with her. I was very uncomfortable and wet by the end of it so this will not happen again.
I am so glad she is enjoying her baths now. It was going to be a nightmare if she cried during every bath! Thanks Nanny for the spa! We love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious! I love reading about all of Cecilia's firsts! And I laughed out loud when you used the word 'suz' - hahaha. Funny girl!