Friday, April 9, 2010

What a Week!

This has been a crazy, wonderful week. My mom has been here all week to help with Cecilia while I do things around the house. Before I had Cecilia Brent and I weren't sure what kind of shape I would be in afterwards so I asked my mom to come stay with me the week he went back to work. Its been great having her here because I was able to stay on top of all the things around the house while her and Cecilia hung out together. Plus we had a few things planned this week that I would need an extra set of hands.

Yesterday we had our first real photo shoot. I would love to tell you that Cecilia did wonderful and slept through the whole thing, but I would be lying. My poor child HATES to be naked. Screams when you change her clothes and diaper so you can only imagine the fun we had when she was photographed in her diaper and then the nude. We were there close to 2 hours and spent most of that time calming her down in between shots. Oh and you know those sweet pictures of babies sleeping and all curled up. Yeah not sure if any of those will turn out that great because even though it was during a time when she normally is sound asleep, yesterday she was wide eyed and would NOT go to sleep. About the time she did, we would have to move her into a new position and she would wake up, realize she was naked and start screaming! Man, it was a long morning and it wore her out. She ended up sleeping all day yesterday and we had a wonderful night of sleep!

As if yesterday wasn't enough, this morning we had her 3 week check up. (yes she is already 3 weeks and Brent and I feel like we have had her for months!) She has gained a pound since last visit bringing her to 8 lbs and 1 oz and for some reason she seems to have shrunk. When she was born she was 20 1/2 inches and today is was 20 1/4 inches. I'm sure it was just the difference in people measuring so I'm not too concerned. :)

We do have one small concern with her eyes. In the past couple of weeks she has developed what we used to call eye boogers (goo in the corner of her eyes). The doctor thinks her tear ducts may be a tad stopped up so we have to massage her eyes a few times a day to get that worked out but she said that a lot of babies have that problem and it typically works itself out. Thank goodness! I was a little worried because my brother had this issue when he was a baby and he had to have surgery and that was the last thing I wanted her to have to go through. Not sure how I would have handled myself!

Other than that we seem to be doing good! We have a few cosmetic things we have to work on, baby acne and extremely dry skin, but those are minor things with easy fixes.

I'm anxious about how we handle ourselves next week with NO help and no one to keep us company! I'm glad it will be warm out so we might have to go on lots of walks to keep ourselves occupied!

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hold her!!