Monday, December 5, 2011

Tis the Season To Be Busy

How is it Monday's arrive so quickly but Friday's take FOREVER to get here?  Maybe because our weekends are always busy and time passes by in a blink.

Saturday, Cecilia and I loaded up early and headed to Franklin to drop in on the Christmas for Christ event my parent's church was having.  I hated not participating this year but I was suffering from guilty mother syndrome so I decided not to shop.  Around 30 kids showed up and were so excited about their new clothes, shoes and toys.  Even though I didn't shop, it was still fun going and seeing everyone run around grabbing clothes left and right!  It is always a crazy morning but well worth it!

Since Brent had to work, we decided to stay in Franklin for the day to hang out and work on our Christmas card photo.

Cecilia loves being at my parent's running around, climbing the stairs and this trip, playing with Dawson...


Dawson is a lot little rowdy for Cecilia so she prefers to boss him around from the other side of the gate.


We played and laid around most of the day while we watched my mom decorate for Christmas.  It takes her days to decorate and wears me out just watching her decorate every corner of the house!

After dinner, I was needing a little something so my dad whipped up a chocolate shake.


And naturally what's mine is hers...

Sunday, was full of church, napping, playing and shopping for our Angel Tree kid from work.

And as if we couldn't pack one more thing in, Cecilia and I made cookies last night.


She loves sitting on the counter while I cook dinner so I thought she would get a kick out of actually helping me.


I was correct and really really enjoyed the fruits of her labor!

No comments: