Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another Year

I'm another year older.  I feel no different nor do I feel my age.  I still feel like I just graduated college last month instead of it being almost 7 years ago.

Age doesn't bother me though.  I would say that's because my mom has never let her age bother her.  We have always spent birthdays celebrating instead of hidding in our room because another year is gone.

This year was no different.

Our celebration started when I got home from work to find this...


In the 9 years that Brent and I have been together, he has bought me flowers 4 times.  I love flowers but I only want them when they are totally out of the blue and he knows that.  I want to be caught off guard and that's just what happened last night when I walked in.  He also knows that I only want lilies and he always seems to find them even when I don't think they are in season.  He searched his little heart out for these flowers and his efforts did not go unoticed.  He did good.

My parents and the 3 of us headed downtown for dinner at Mariah's.  We don't go there much so it was a nice treat.


I branched out and got Mahi tacos and let me tell you they did not disappoint!  They were very good and I do believe I might just have to have them again.

We had a good time visiting and being entertained by our ever so lively 2 year old...


Who knew the sugar dish could be so fun!

To end the night, we were going try a little something different for dessert but after 2 failed attempts, we ended up at our old faithful...Stakz.


What a great night to kick off my last year in my 20's.  YIKES!

Thanks for all those who sent texts and emails.  I was feeling very loved!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I knew it was either yesterday or today, but I wasn't sure which one so I was waiting for your birthday post to wish you a happy bday!!! Glad it was good!! I feel like we just graduated too - it's crazy how fast time flies!