Monday, February 27, 2012

We didn't do too much this weekend which is always nice.  Neither one of us was in the mood to exert ourselves too much so there was a lot of couch time and pure laziness.

The most exciting thing that we did was go buy me a new camera.  I have been dying for a new camera for several years but didn't know what I wanted.  I love my dad's camera but I didn't really feel the need for us both having one when I can borrow his (plus all his equipment) at any time.  So after much research and deliberation, I decided to bite the bullet and get me a decent camera.  I ended up buying the Canon Powershot SX40 and it has made all my dreams come true!  It has a lot of the bells and whistles my dad's camera has but still very easy to operate.  We've all enjoyed playing with it.

My dad took these shots while I was having arts and crafts hour with some friends...




Seriously, is my kid that adorable?  Hard to tell sometimes when she is screaming at the top of her lungs.

Brent spotted a herd, pack, flock (?) of turkeys in the field across from our house.


I decided to see just how good the zoom was.
 

Gobble, gobble!

Brent LOVES new toys whether they're mine or his so he spent some time taking pictures as well.


He took several but he is either zoomed out too much or way to up close and personal!


Sad the think that purchasing a new camera was the highlight of our weekend.  Maybe this week will hold some type of excitement.

No comments: