Monday, February 20, 2012

So Close

We were almost a month to the date away from celebrating a year with no ear problems since getting tubes put in Cecilia's ears.  ALMOST.

Saturday morning Cecilia woke up with yellow junk coming out her ear.  I immediately knew her ear drum had probably busted.  It happened once before and I remember it looking similar.  So Saturday morning we ran to the the peds office to get confirmation.  He said it could either be the ear drum or an ear infection that is draining out instead of in because of the tubes.  He couldn't really tell because he said there was so much drainage.  Yuck!  We were so close to doing our happy dance.  The good news is the ear infection is so minor with tubes compared to without.

Over lunch Brent and I were talking about how sorry he felt for her for feeling so bad.  We looked over at her just as she was smiling and dancing the Hot Dog dance.  Clearly she was in a lot of pain.

The rest of the weekend, we relaxed and ran a few errands.

Colt enjoying a little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

I'm hoping this will be our one and only ear infection.  I'm also hoping that those expensive little tubes stay in place for a while longer.  Mercy, I do not want to pay for another set.  I could pay for a semester of college at those rates.

No comments: