Monday, July 26, 2010

5 Day Wrap Up

I hate having to write about a million days at once because I'm scared I'm going to miss something but I've been way too busy to blog. Thank goodness I've taken pictures this whole time so I know what we've done.
Thursday Cecilia had her check up with the pediatrician. My, my how she has grown! Cecilia is weighing in at 16 lbs 10 oz (96th percentile) and is 25 1/4 inches long (87th percentile). The doctor said she looks good and it looks like she will have her daddy's height.
She had to have another round of shots, which went so much better than last time and thank goodness Daddy was there to hold her right after and rush her out of the office while I made the next appointment. She really only cried right after and was happy the rest of the evening!

Cecilia is making so much progress these days. As you can see she is holding her head up off the ground which is a HUGE milestone because the child hates laying on her belly when she's awake so tummy time was becoming nonexistent. We are having to force her to have at least a few minutes of tummy time a day.
However, Friday all of a sudden when we were on the floor playing she started to try and roll over. She is trying to go from her back to her belly which is the hardest to do. It is so funny to watch her because she gets on her side and puts her face into the floor and grunts to get the rest of her body to move. She just can't get those hips of hers over but she doesn't give up. We have a feeling she will do it any day I just pray it doesn't happen at daycare! My dad keep her yesterday for a few hours and I threatened his life if he got her to roll over and I wasn't there!
This past week Cecilia also got a new toy thanks to my mom and dad. They got her an exersaucer similar to the one she plays in at daycare. They brought it over Thursday night and I was dying to put it together. After one scraped finger, one major toe cramp and a chocolate break, I had the thing together. I'm not sure why they have to make baby toys so difficult to put together but at one point I almost threw the whole thing up against the wall!

At least it is together and Cecilia seems to enjoy it.

Trying to figure out what everything is especially that big lion staring at her.


Still trying to figure out that lion.

Saturday we tired out rice cereal. I will let the pictures tell you how it went.



We tried again tonight and she seemed to like it a little better. Maybe by the end of the week we can get all of it down!

I think that's about it here at the Miller house. We had a pretty low key weekend; I finally got to lay eyes on Jaclyn for a little while and it was nice to talk face to face without a screaming baby in the background! One day we will do it again! :)

2 comments:

Melinda Mayeur said...

I love the way she's looking at the lion. I'm sure you've put the lion puppet on and he's been talking to Cecilia.

Alicia said...

Layla learned how to roll over the same way, she would always bury her face first and then try to move around from there. It worked though! We got it on camera! Now she moves so fast we can't keep up! :)