Monday, July 12, 2010

Spoke Too Soon

11:15 am phone rings

"Mrs. Miller, this is Mrs. Rebekah at the daycare. Cecilia doesn't have a temperature but she has been crying all morning and coughing. We have tried rocking her and holding her but nothing is helping." (cue Cecilia in background to start crying AND coughing.

"Really? She has been great for 2 days. That's so weird."

"Yeah about the only time she hasn't cried was when she was asleep."

"Ok. I'll be there in a little bit."

11:45 am pick up a sick looking baby. Red eyes and all.

12:30 pm happy baby laying on the floor laughing and playing as if she hasn't cried for 3 hours.

4:00 pm doctor's office

"The daycare said she coughed all morning but ever since I have had her home she has been fine. She still sounds congested but hasn't coughed." (cue Cecilia to cough)

"Let me take a listen and give her a once over." (doctor checks ears, throat and listens to her chest) "Well everything looks and sounds good. She may blah, blah, blah (insert boring medical terms that basically mean there is nothing more we can do right now. She may just be coming off her steroids so that may be why she is coughing). I think I will do an X-ray to make sure there is nothing there we need to be concerned about. Its downstairs and I will call you when I get them. Have a great day!"

Some people go their whole lives without ever having an X-ray. I would be one of them. I didn't even know what an X-ray machine looked like until today. My child is taking me on all kinds of new experiences and I have to say they aren't fun ones!

Is this what having children means? I can already her you mothers out there saying yes. FABULOUS!!!!

Just so you know everything looks good and we are just waiting it out hoping that all this clears up SOON!!!

No comments: