Wednesday, July 7, 2010

6 to 12

I read in a magazine last week that a baby will get sick 6 to 12 times in their first year. Well, we are 2 down 4 to 10 to go!

Saturday night Cecilia was pretty restless while sleeping and I assumed it was because she was in a new place. I was wrong. It was the beginnings of her coming down with something. As Sunday went on she got worse and ended up with a fever and a raspy voice. She cried a lot and there wasn't much we could do for her other than give her something for the fever.

Sunday night was HORRIBLE! She woke up every few hours screaming, hot and sweaty, and uncomfortable. Brent and I felt so helpless and she was the most pitiful thing we had ever seen!

Since Monday was a holiday, we couldn't take her to the doctor but I did call to make sure we were doing everything we possibly could. We were and he told us if she wasn't better by Tuesday then she needed to she her doctor.

So Tuesday Brent loaded her up and took her to the doctor. We found out she has some type of bronchitis. She told us it would last 3 to 5 days and gave us some steroids to give her. She seems to be doing better. Her breathing isn't near as raspy and we can actually hear her cry again. My mom stayed with her yesterday, I'm home with her today, and Brent will be home tomorrow so we are hoping that she will be better by Friday.

To help her sleep at night we had to put her in her carrier in our bed. She sleeps in between us (along with Colt!) and we are able to keep an eye on her.

The doctor said that the steroids might make her hyperactive and not to give it to her at night. But does this look hyperactive to you?
This is her 2nd nap of the day! Guess that side effect doesn't phase our little one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know if you remember me--Betsy Moore--I was best friends with Angie Pirtle. Anyway, I have been following your blog (because I am addicted to them) and I just wanted to tell you that your little Cecilia is a doll. And sounds like such a great baby. I have a 1 year old that isn't as good as her :)
Also, your mom works with my aunt Pam and Debbie if that helps any.