Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Night Away

It was time for Brent and I to get away alone. His parents had offered us their Reds tickets for Saturday's game and we gladly took them. We were excited at the thought of getting away for the day just the two of us. And since it was a night game and we knew it would be really late when we got home, we made arrangements with my parents to keep Cecilia overnight. OUR FIRST!!!

I dressed her in a Reds onesie so she could be with us in spirit...


and kissed my little Birdie goodbye.By early afternoon, Brent and I entered the big city of Cincy and had a day full of plans! We had lunch on the porch at Arnies, walked around the Levee, enjoyed ice cream at the fountain square, watched an amazing game despite the HUGE thunderstorm that blew in right before the game and got to see a crazy fan run across the field! All in all our day away was good.

Cecilia did fantastic with my parents which also made it all wonderful! She got to hang out with my cousin Kelli for a little while and go to church with my parents where she was the main attraction! I may not be the biggest fan of daycare but it sure does help her social skills. She will go to anyone and apparently talked to everyone at church! It is so nice to know that Brent and I can leave her and she will be fine.

It was a good time away a made one day I'll do it again. Just not anytime soon! :)

3 comments:

Melinda Mayeur said...

Aww, shoot! I really enjoyed watching her wake up, stretching & smiling. Nothing like it!

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said...

I'm thinking you should let her hang out with me more often! She's such a doll and you can't help but love that precious little smile of hers!