Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Momoi!


(Please excuse Cecilia's look. She was 2 seconds from going to bed.)

Today was my mom's birthday and to celebrate she came up to have a girl's night with Cecilia and I.

Our first stop was to Gigi's Cupcakes so we could pick out our pleasure of choice. It has been awhile since we have been there and I was so looking forward to diving into one of the beautiful cupcakes but we had a little accident on the way to the restaurant. I had to quickly slam on my brakes when some idiot in front of me didn't know how to drive and it sent our beautiful, delicate cupcakes flying to the floorboard. I quickly picked them up hoping they weren't destroyed. Lucky was not on my side today. All 4 cupcakes were turned into 1! I managed to get them separated and back into their little cutout holders but it wasn't pretty. This is what we ended up with...
Thank goodness Mom and I don't care about looks! It was a good way for us to try all the flavors! Only me.
I let Mom pick where we ate so we ended up at Olive Garden. It was a packed house but we got in pretty quickly and enjoyed a wonderful meal. Cecilia had the best time watching all the people around us. I had to feed her while we were there and she was getting distracted and not eating. I was telling her to stop staring but my mom reminded me she couldn't help it...she is her mother's child! I have just mastered stuffing my face and staring at the same time! Brent was able to join us after he got off work and the 4 of us came home to devour our smashed cupcakes. At let me tell you, the look of the cupcake didn't stop any of us from inhaling our own! Man what is it about those cupcakes!
Mom, I hope you had a good birthday! C and I enjoyed celebrating with you! Next time I will let you hold the cupcakes! We love you!

1 comment:

Melinda Mayeur said...

You didn't explain why I looked the way I looked.
I had a wonderful birthday with my 2 precious girls, smashed cupcakes and all!