Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday Eve

At about this time last year, I had declared I was just too tired to stay up any longer. I had done a few things around the house anticipating your arrival the following Monday (I was scheduled to be induced 03-22-10) and all the family coming in over the weekend. But by 9 pm I couldn't do anymore. I was so tired despite my 2 hour after work nap and my belly was feeling pretty tight.

I decided to take a shower before bed to try to relax, hoping it would be just the thing to put me in a deep sleep. We had a lot to do over the next 2 days and I needed to be at my best.

Over the course of the night, I kept waking up with minor pains. They were enough for me to barely open my eyes to see what time it was but not enough to declare anything serious.

At about 2 am, I woke your dad up and told him I was pretty sure you were coming sooner than excepted. I also told him that our house was still not up to par for our guests and I was pretty sure we may not have time to do the full scrub down I had planned for the next day. He asked what he could do to make me feel better about the house. I sweetly told him I would love for the house to get vacuumed. So at 2 in the morning, your daddy got out of bed and vacuumed the whole house! I did my part by getting up and applying makeup and making myself look presentable in case you came during the night. I made sure to lay very still the rest of the night so I wouldn't mess up my makeup or hair.

We both went back to sleep wondering if you would really come or if it was just a false alarm.

No comments: