Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

Not really. It rained most of the day yesterday and has been overcast and cold today but that didn't stop us from having a fun filled weekend.


I started my day Saturday with a little me time relaxing under some artificial sun rays. Casper was calling me out so I had to do something about it. Plus we are a month and a half away from my brother's wedding and I'm pretty sure the guests don't want to be blinded my whiteness.


I then headed to my mother ship, Target, to grab a few things we needed. Brent had to work so he met me there to switch off Cecilia.


She was dead asleep when they walked in so I attempted to push a full buggy one handed and pack a baby who seemed to weigh about 100 lbs! I had to think fast before my arm detached from my body. Being armed with only a cart cover, I made a pallet in the buggy.



She didn't seem to mind! She slept for about 15 minutes like that. Now I know our cart cover has another purpose in life!


I had several more errands to run and luckily it had stopped raining long enough for me to get them done. Cecilia was in a terrific mood and laughed and charmed everyone we saw. She has come into the almost flirtatious stage where she will just ham it up for people and show off all her tricks. Two girls at our local bakery almost came home with us. I assured them though that after 10 minutes and they would be running out the front door.


I topped our day off with almost burning the house down. No biggie. Just turned on the wrong burner and left Cecilia's snack cup on the stove.



It's all in a days work.


Today I helped my mom host a baby shower for a good high school friend of mine. Her baby girl is due in May and I'm really excited for her.


In true fashion, I had appointed my dad photographer so I have no pictures on my camera. It turned out really cute and my mom did a really good job with the decorations. We had an "ABC" theme using bright pinks, blues, greens and purples. The mama to be walked away with TONS of cute gifts! She asked if it made me what to have another and I quickly responded 'uh no!' The one drama queen I've got now is enough!


My body feels like it just ran a marathon. I'm pretty sure added with the grey hair I found means I'm getting old.

No comments: