Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Driving Mrs. Daisy and Her Sidekick

Over the weekend I drove my mom down to Atlanta so we could attend a bridal shower for Mayo and Leslie. We took Cecilia along with us so Brent could have a guy's weekend. It was a very quick trip and what felt like 4 days in a car but we had a really good time.


We got into Atlanta with just a few hours to spare before the shower. We let Cecilia stretch her legs and play before we headed to the shower. Mayo and Leslie were once again showered with lots of fabulous gifts and we got to meet many of their friends from Atlanta. Cecilia was a charmer and waved at everyone and showed off some of her new tricks. And of course no trip to


Atlanta is worth wild without a lot of shopping! Sunday morning we got up and hit a few stores before heading to the mall. We typically hit the same stores each time we are in Atlanta and we will dearly miss the shopping after Mayo and Leslie are married and no longer live in Atlanta. Hopefully Santa Fe has good shopping.


I was able to find my Easter outfit along with some other things and I'm just now realizing we didn't buy Cecilia a single thing! Wow that never happens! I was on a mission to buy a few items so I guess I was too focused on my list to really shop for her.


We had a few minutes to kill before we headed to lunch so we went to the kiddie play area in the middle of the mall. Guess who hit the ground running and didn't turn back? She crawled all over that place and had the best time watching all the older kids, other than the one who poked her in the eye. I hated to be that mom who got huffy with a kid I didn't know but I was ticked. He apologized and his ever so concerned parents really gave him talkin' to. NOT! He was also the kid running around with his hands making guns telling other kids he was going to shoot them. Nice.


Luckily that did not damper her fun and she smiled and laughed the rest of the time. She even crawled through a tunnel as if she has done it a million times! I was so proud of her for just wondering off from me (of course I did have an eye on her the whole time) and having a good time. Look at her go! When we got home I literally died! I was barely able to hold my eyes open long enough to see to get into bed. I'm still in the recovery process but it will take longer than usually because I'm heading out for business trip on Thursday and it will be more long hours in a car in a short amount of time. AWESOME!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Actually, you forgot, Cecilia did get a new toy and some shoes to wear to the wedding.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Daisy